Crust Crust

This was really charming and I found myself invested in it and laughing more than I expected. The characters' voices make them very believable and the mole's expressions were lively. The choice of music just fits so perfectly with the scenery as well.

On a deeper note, the two animals telling the kid "just go up!" makes me ponder how incapable our current generation of millennials is. I dunno... food for thought.

HunniePap / Underpop HunniePap / Underpop

Eck, that was creepy as fuck, but the ending more than made up for it.

Pico Joins the Army Pico Joins the Army

That feeling when I've made animations of Rayman and Undertale and see them both in the wave of 'spam...' lol

Shameless jokes aside, this felt like a nice lookback into how Newgrounds was when I first found it around '04, when it was mostly spam, dick jokes, and clock crew clones with that Microsoft Sam voice. I got a good laugh out of the Foamy part, especially.

Road of the Dead 2 Road of the Dead 2

This took the first game and merged it with FPS, and unlike the plethora of zombie games I've seen that infest the indie spectrum and seem stale (pun intended), this actually feels fresh to me. Just like with the first game, the fact that there's a world with a 3D perspective view traveling forward in a Flash game just baffles me as well.

Having seen the sheer amount of upgrades as I started playing, I was pleased to see that the story mode was pretty long compared to the first game. The additional scenery was a nice touch that broke the repetitious appearance, at least to some degree. That bridge part in the story is pretty damn brutal just for being so damn long without any opportunity to fix the engine or bumper. The struggle was real to find a water bucket every time I caught fire, and sometimes they would be right next to a row of mines or destroyed by a carpet bomb (bastards).

I'd like to point out that while the "Out of Time" mode seemed difficult in the first game (I couldn't even get above 40 seconds), the mode here seems really easy, as I would be racking up several minutes of time to the point where it just felt like the regular mode, but endless.

... Now here are a few nitpicks:

Shotguns seem particularly weak. Without any upgrades, it would often take about 5 headshots at point-blank range to kill even regular zombies. Even when maxed out, they still weren't fully reliable even at close-range. Pretty much any of the other weapons seemed to be better suited for killing zombies on the hood (except maybe the pistols), so there was no real advantage to using them.

The time bar for completing tasks such as repairs and buying upgrades works well as intended. However, it seemed odd that it took just as much time to grab drugs from a church, especially having to wait that same length of time for each individual one.

Speaking of the drugs, I also found it odd that the steroids that just temporarily shield you from damage cost twice as much as the meds which reset your damage. I would think it would be the other way around. Idk, maybe I was using the steroids wrong.

I've seen several people mention how long it takes to rack up RP. To me, though, the most tedious thing is leveling up the characters' gun stats. Each category has to level up nine times (I think), with three categories for each weapon and four weapons for each character. That's over 200! Those last couple of levels for each thing are a real pain to unlock, too, and this is with the level-up perk maxed. I've bought everything and just about maxed out my RP again and I've still only maxed two (well, just about three) weapons' proficiencies.

On top of that, the game's description of how to level up these categories is strangely vague. You guys put some detailed info in the survival guide such as "[Grubs] are slightly tougher than ravagers but weaker than brutes," but then for the gun categories, all three of them just say they "level up as you play." From what I gathered, it seems like 'reloading' levels up as I reload, 'aiming' levels up through headshots, and I don't know exactly how 'handling' levels up. Some elaboration on those would be nice.

BUG: I had experienced a bug in F.U.B.A.R. mode twice in a row yesterday where the game would freeze in place after about 3km. I tried again today and it worked properly. I'm not sure at all what caused that.

Overall, this was really fun and I found myself playing for hours on end (though partly due to the grinding). The only reason this didn't get a rating of 5.5 (besides that not being an actual score) was those issues listed above.

Amazing work, guys!

End of Sonic Inflation End of Sonic Inflation

This was nothing more than an utterly basic rehash of people's existential crises and wishes of escapism. Oh, and there was also some cross between bizarre fetishes mixed in (I didn't know Photoshopping nudes to unnatural proportions to make them look like balloons was a thing until now). Not to mention your pompous attitude, delusions of grandeur, and self entitlement.
If this is art, it's BAD art with a capital B.

jimberly-chaotic responds:

Why don't you come back and post your review when you actually make something of your own and contribute it to this site. The way it stands, I don't see why you should open your mouth when you don't know how to talk.

Oh, also, I don't think you posted your review on the right game. So if you meant to post this on another game, and the newgrounds glitch accidentally posted it here (it's been happening a lot lately, apparently) pretend I didn't insult your pathetic existence.

The Hottest Line The Hottest Line

I think this matched the air of Hotline Miami quite well, especially the first half. It definitely feels like something I would be listening to while kicking a door down, throwing a pipe at a guy, and beating the crap out of another guy.

Realistic Darkwing Duck Realistic Darkwing Duck

Darkwing Duck (and the theme song) was my favorite show on Disney Afternoon, so naturally I had to click this.
This was corny in a great way, and I like how you included facts about ducks' sex organs.
The ending was pretty abrupt, though; I was hoping to hear the chorus again, which was pretty catchy.

treesandbess treesandbess

Epic

I'm using this for my next flash (giving credit of course).
Newgrounds needs to add Reggae as a genre.

Password Password

Now I'm wondering what "TrollScape" is.
Maybe they changed his password just to troll him.

ChazDude responds:

Trollscape: run by trolls, for trolls.

Hail of Madness! Hail of Madness!

I really like the color scheme, how it's almost monochromatic, but then the yellow shell casings give it a little extra pop. That one kind of 'S' shaped strap flying off the main guy's cloak really adds to the energy of the piece.

Survivor Survivor

The dark sketchy lines and the kind of 'ink bleeding' shading caught my eye.

Stopsignal responds:

Thanks a lot! It was hard to make, considering that copying the effect in the computer kinda makes you put more effort to make it look good. Looks like it payed off! I may continue experimentig with the style a bit. Again, thanks for reviewing!